🌱 Need a job? + Spotlight on: curry and more + Childcare/university
Happy Wednesday, people of Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sunny and very hot. High: 84, Low: 51.
Here are three of today’s best stories at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- Still looking for your dream job? Check out the latest job listings in the Rancho Bernardo-4S Ranch area. There are jobs for customer service representatives, truck drivers, sales force administrators, IT support, sales, warehousing, program managers, and more! Whether full-time, part-time, in the office or virtual, see if there is a job for you. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
- Craving something different to eat? Something exotic with unique spices? From papadums served with unique sauces to chicken tikka masala, tandoori salmon and other delicious dishes, Curry & More will delight your palate. Open every day from 11 a.m., Curry & More is an open style restaurant, with modern decor. JFor more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. https://curryandmore.com/
- Think babysitting is cheap? Think again. Childcare in San Diego is as expensive as tuition. While the average child care fee is just under $17,000 per year, tuition at UCSD is just under $17,500 per year. Workers earning the minimum wage of $15 an hour in California must work 33 weeks to pay for child care. The fact is that the cost is just too high for 90% of our families. The California Policy Institute reports that only 7% of families in the state can afford the average cost of child care. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (NBC San Diego)
From our sponsor:
Part of today’s Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- Sunrise Leadership Hike – North San Diego Chamber of Commerce. (7:00 a.m.)
- Free tax prep (By appointment) — RB Senior Services. (9:00 a.m.)
- Hhumorist PG Wodehouse: Spreading Sweetness and Light (online) — San Diego Oasis. (10h)
- Bereavement support group (Online) – San Diego Oasis. (10:30 a.m.)
- Murder on the train: A look at real and fictional accounts of crime on the rails (online) – San Diego Oasis. (1 p.m.)
- From Blues, to Rag, to Storyville — CERB. (1:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Over 45 museums, 28 days, 50% off tickets available at the library. (Facebook)
- USSD Bridge2breakthru: “As we continue to focus on the Crane (1 of Shaolin’s 5 Animals), we are not only looking to understand how its balance applies to our martial arts, but to our lives.” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Branch Library“The San Diego Public Library’s signature lecture series with the University of San Diego Copley Library is back for Black History Month! We’re proud to introduce remarkable author and thinker Heather McGhee for our February 28 virtual event.” (Facebook)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Thank you to NOVA Home Loans for their generous donation to Operation Connect. Thanks to this, we will be able to further help transitioning veterans in San Diego. Know a transitioning service member? Invite them to attend the workshop free Operation Connect on April 1. (Facebook)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Celebrate the North San Diego Business Chamber’s 32nd Annual RB Alive! Expo with a full day of entertainment and fun. Visitors can partake in delicious treats and browse more than 200 booths.” (Facebook)
- Free smoke alarms for seniors are available from the Burn Institute. (Burn Institute)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Secrets to selling your home for the best price. (February 9)
- 5 ways to manage your debt online. (February 10)
- Ask the Divorce Experts – Vesta San Diego, California Hub. (February 10)
- Valentine’s Day at the Mellano farm stand. (12 February)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (February 14th)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (February 15)
- The New Balance store in the village of Encinitas opens on February 10. (February 17)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (the 21st of February)
- Seminar on retirement taxes. (February 23)
- Add your event
Do you like the Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today! See you all tomorrow morning for another update.
— Bettyanne Pernice