Automatic reboot of the PC randomly on a very specific software
Hello, this follows up on a topic I posted not long ago in the Gaming section for an issue I’ve had for quite a while now.
Simply put, at random intervals while playing very specific games, my PC just restarts or shuts down with no BSODs or crashdumps.
For what I’ve already done:
– The power supply is not old and should work well
– Ran Memtest of all memory without defects
– Disk health is checked and both are healthy
– All drivers are up to date.
– CCleaner, malware check, virus check. Everything clean.
– As I use an SSD and an old HDD, I tried to swap, to put the games that crash in one then in the others and vice versa. No effect.
– Checking event viewer and reliability monitor. Apparently my PC is crashing so hard that no real dumps are written. (ID 41 taste 63, posted below post)
– Run WhoCrashed to find out what crashed. Since no crash dump: it gave me nothing.
– Monitoring my heat and resources with OpenHardwareMonitor, Task Manager and Resources Monitor. I barely pass the 80°C mark at any time, my component does not seem overloaded either.
– I tried to reproduce the problem with stress test software to put my components under high load. They did very well.
– Turn on my computer, do not launch anything other than one of these games to be sure not to weigh anything down, put all the parameters to a minimum while rebooting hard.
– Disassemble all the parts to remove all the dust.
– I had a similar problem with an old box where the neon button was shorted out, but no similar problem was found.
In terms of hardware, I have a 3.60GHz Intel® Core™ i5-8600K processor on a Z370-A PRO (MS-7B48) motherboard, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, and 2 x 8GB of RAM.
I don’t know if this is a software error, a firewall error, a CPU error, a BIOS bug, or if one of my “healthy components” is secretly failing.
Someone asked me for a Speccy test so here’s the link if it gives any clues: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Cb3ojuC3z3L2ZCsWHmte5Pw
I have struggled with various troubleshooting methods for years now. Some people just ask me to change my 1080 but I don’t have the rn budget.
I don’t expect a miracle. Just pointers, tips, or even a temporary fix are welcome. Right now it only does this with one game which is Phasmophobia but it was worse and solved on its own for no reason but not totally and I don’t know what I did right.
Sorry for the wall of text and if you need more info just ask.
Disclaimer: My system is in French, so if you need a translation, ask for that too.
Log Name: System
Date: 21/10/2021 13:16:20
The description :
The system rebooted without properly shutting down first. This error can occur if the system has unexpectedly become unresponsive, hung, or has lost power.