Download the free Alexa app for PC
Alexa for Windows is the PC version of Amazon’s famous virtual assistant. With this tool, you can use your voice to start a Spotify playlist, video call your friends, control your smart devices and much more. What are you still waiting for? Install the app and start experiencing the power of Alexa now.
Alexa has captured the hearts of millions of users around the world, with features like:
- Simplify your life: Alexa can perform simple tasks to make your days more efficient, from setting reminders to controlling your smart home devices. The assistant is able to open the doors and turn on the lights by voice command. The list of commands you can perform with Alexa is endless.
- Music and more: If you like listening to music, Alexa can stream your favorite songs. She can even read the news or a book for you!
- calls: Alexa helps you stay connected with friends and family. You can use the service for video conferencing, and even as an intercom, by pairing multiple Echo devices.
- Entertainment: From the comfort of your home, Alexa is not too shy to answer your questions, search for information on the Internet and tell you a joke or a curious fact.
How to install and use Alexa for PC?
The first step is to install the application on your computer. You can do this by clicking the green button at the top of this page. Double-click the zip file to extract the files to your hard drive. As you will see, there are a total of 3 files. Then you need to start by running both the Microsoft.NET.Native.RuntimeMicrosoft.NET.Native.Runtime and the Microsoft.NET.Native.FrameworkMicrosoft.NET.Native.Framework. Finally, once you’ve done that, you can continue running the AMZNMobileLLC.AmazonAlexa file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Amazon Alexa works like other voice assistants, such as Microsoft’s Google Assistant, Siri and Cortana. You can start talking to the assistant by saying “Alexa”, followed by the instruction or question of your choice. When Alexa recognizes your voice, it performs the required action or answers your question. For more information about Alexa features, you can visit Amazon’s official Alexa page.
Yes, you can use Alexa completely free. The only thing you need to get started is an Amazon account. If you want to take full advantage of Alexa’s potential, we recommend purchasing a compatible device, such as a speaker, TV, camera, or doorbell.
Is it safe?
Amazon Alexa for PC is considered a safe application with no history of malware or security vulnerabilities. Nevertheless, there have been privacy concerns regarding the digital assistant. For example, Amazon reportedly employs a team of employees who listen to recordings of human interactions with Alexa to improve the performance of its assistant.
- Operating system: Windows 10 version 17134.0 or higher.
Amazon Alexa is also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS.