How to Download and Register Windows 10 Version 21H1
Update: Microsoft has already released the latest version 21H2. However, if you’d rather get v21H1, we fetched the links during v21H1 seconds before v21H2 went live. This may be your last chance to download a copy.
Originally posted Nov 3, 2021
After months of Insider testing, Microsoft last week confirmed the final version of the upcoming Windows 10 November 2021 Update (version 21H2), which will also be the last version of Windows 10. Focusing on small improvements and For performance improvements, Windows 10 version 21H2 is an easy-to-install feature update for those running Windows 10 version 2004 or later. As the public version gets closer, it’s time to start paying attention to Windows 10 May 2021 Update, version 21H1.
Released earlier this year, Microsoft has since provided several cumulative updates to this latest version of the operating system, fixing bugs and issues. There are currently no known unresolved issues affecting this release, making it the most preferable version of Windows 10 to get a new feature update version right now.
Since Microsoft will stop offering ISO files for older versions of the operating system as soon as the new one is removed, this may be a good time to save a copy of version 21H1 before this option is no longer available. After the Windows 10 November 2021 Update is released, you will no longer be able to download ISO files for version 21H1.
Direct download links for v21H1
The link expires: 11/17/ 2021 12:28:23 UTC
How to install Windows 10 version 21H1 immediately
If you’re ready to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 update May 2021 and don’t want to download an ISO file, you can install it directly through the Settings app.
Click on the Start menu icon then Settings > Update and security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If the latest version is available for your PC, you can download and install it there and then. If you are upgrading, be sure to repeat the above process and check for updates again to download any available cumulative updates.
How to save a copy of Windows 10 May 2021 Update
While early adoption is still possible for Windows enthusiasts, we recommend that careful users wait a few months after public release before installing a new version and getting the latest version instead. It’s time for version 21H1. Even if you aren’t currently looking forward to a new update, the download takes a few minutes and you will have peace of mind if you plan to upgrade in the coming months without having to force the update. updated to the new version 21H2.
We have already shared a detailed tutorial on how to download Windows 10 version 21H1 ISO files; here is a recap:
On a device other than Windows, the process is very simple:
- Click on this link and you will see a “Select edition” scrolling menu.
- Click on Windows 10 under the May 2021 update and press To confirm. [There will be only one Windows 10 option since this works for both Pro and Home editions]
- Under Select product language, choose your language> To confirm.
- You will now see two tabs to download Windows 10 May 2021 32-bit or 64-bit update. Download the file you need.
On a Windows device, things are a bit complicated:
- Head to the download page.
- Under the Create Windows 10 installation media, click on the Download the tool now to download the media creation tool.
- Once downloaded, double click to open the file.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- In the configuration screen, you will need to I accept the conditions for proceeding.
- Then you will see a “Prepare some things” screen, which may take a while …
- Once done, you can either choose to Upgrade this PC now Where Create installation media for another PC. Since we are talking about saving a copy of Windows 10 version 21H1, tap on the second option.
- On the next screen, select the appropriate language and architecture (or use the recommended options).
- The next screen will ask you to choose between a USB key And one ISO file. You can choose what you prefer.
- Your file will now start to download either on the selected USB stick or in the chosen folder on your computer (if you have chosen the second option).
If you want a clean slate, once you have downloaded the ISO files from Microsoft, you can manually install the operating system to get a fresh copy running on your device. Just continue to follow the instructions of the media creation tool. Or, look in this room for the steps.