How to Download Zoom on a Laptop
If you work remotely or take online classes, here’s how to get Zoom on your laptop so you can attend meetings.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing application which is used to hold virtual meetings. It has the option to enable audio only, video and live chat. This app replicates the in-person collaboration experience and has gained traction since the pandemic began in March 2020.
Zoom is available on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices across all platforms. It offers pricing plans suitable for different companies and a free subscription with all the basic features.
Download Zoom to your laptop
If this is your first time working with Zoom, don’t worry. It is simple to download and configure.
The following steps will help you start the process:
- Click on this link or open the internet browser and enter https://zoom.us/download.
- You will get to the Zoom download page by clicking on the link, from where you can download Zoom on your laptop.
- Under the first option, Zoom client for meetingsClick on To download.
The ZoomInstaller.exe file will be downloaded to your laptop.
- Locate and double-click to open the file.
- Zoom will be installed on your laptop, and the Zoom Cloud Meetings the application window will appear.
- You can sign in using your email credentials or single sign-on (SSO) if you already have a Zoom ID.
- Otherwise, you can click on the sign up option at the bottom right of the screen to create an account. Alternatively, you can also use your Google or Facebook credentials to log in.
- Once logged in, you can join an existing meeting, schedule a new meeting, and view your upcoming meetings.
- To join a scheduled meeting, click To rejoin and enter the meeting ID or meeting link.
- Connecting in silent mode and turning off your video are optional, as you can make these choices after joining the meeting.
Make the most of zoom
You can now explore all the features of the app; now that you know how to download and configure it. You can use Zoom for online meetings, chat with other contacts, create specific channels, and sync other apps from App Marketplace.
The app has various security features that allow you to restrict participants and keep conversations private.
You can raise your hand to ask questions, add a fun background, and even throw a party. By using these methods, you can recreate the experience of real-time meetings and interactions.
Zoom lets you change your video call background using the Virtual Background tool. Here’s how to use it…
About the Author